View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
lejeunebimmer

My Ride: 02' M3 SMG, 02' 330i
I have the Bilstein Sports coupled with H&R sports for me (they would be race for you most likely, unless you have sport suspension stock), I also installed H&R adjustable sway bars powerflex fcabs and BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace. Also when I replaced these I changed out my Tie Rod Ends (Left & Right) Strut mounts, sway bar endlinks (front and rear), and shock mounts. I can tell you that for the forst 500 miles or so it was more harsh than my M3, although once it got broke in then it is very comparable to an e46 M3 as far as ride quality goes. Handles better than a stock M3, and as for the drop it was about 1.25" in the front and 1" in the rear.

P.S. The bilsteins also come with a lifetime warranty so no more buying shocks/struts!!! I also can't tell you for sure how much of my handling improvement was due to the springs/shocks and how much was due to the other suspension parts, I just know that altogether I would step out on a limb to say that this is the absolute best non adjustable set up you can get!!!
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

M3 - Not enough room to list
lejeunebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote