View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #29
Iceman00

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Very bold statement my friend for someone recommending a generic 'piggy back tune' for a NA BMW. These have been debated for several years and whether you choose AA or Dinan our options are clearly better for a NA BMW motor than a piggy back for several reasons. We have been tuning BMW's for well over 20 years and while they are same cases where a piggyback may be recommended on newer cars I cannot think why you would want a piggyback.

As far as your comments on sending in the ECU, we have dealers across the country that have the ability to tune the ECU in house. We also have several options that we will be releasing for DIY'ers.

Bottom line is the Shark injector is a basic/generic tune.. we tune these cars the same way the factory does, IE BMW performance... which is through the factory DME. We have the ability to change the tune for certain mods like, cams,FI,headers,track,etc...

BTW, ill send you some stickers and a free tune if you want
I'm right next to Lutz performance, an authorized AA dealer. You set me up with a tune, and I will dyno it back to back with my Shark. Name the time and the place.

Last edited by Iceman00; 10-28-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote