View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #36
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I'm going to go against my first impulse and try and explain this to you in a less harsh manner.

The Shark Injector doesn't cause the vanos rattle, cams do, and it's usually exclusive to ZHP and Shrick cams. I've yet to find one thread claiming a vanos rattle in conjunction with using Shark, so don't lie to push a product. It doesn't help the OP, and it doesn't help the community as a whole.

Further more, I gained 14whp DYNO PROVEN with a shark and intake, and have yet to find ANY dyno data (provided by shark or otherwise) proving the gains of AA software. Jim C. on the other hand, has made a database of dynos for every car and every injector he he sells, not to mention the most powerful N/A cars on this site use SHARK software.

And I'd be wary of AA's claims of tuning for your parts, how would they be able to measure the A/F ratio and airflow of one intake vs another, or header, or exhaust, or proper cam timing vs stock cams on your car without it being present? Just like Shark, AA uses a cookie cutter tune which may, or my not be better. But without data all we have if fanboy hearsay.

Finally, Shark is a flash module, you can do it in your garage in 20 minutes. AA requires you send them your email to flash it. No thanks.

And I don't put stickers on my car.

Sir as i said before i wasent 100% positive on the shark=rattle but in more than 1 case the shark was the initiating factor for a small rattle noise. whether it be the shark or not ive yet to hear anything negative from AA tune. im personnally glad that you fellow Fanatics feel you can call a shark a tune Hahah and pushing a product persoannyl ive had shark SB and my AA tune, and the SB was a no result product. i liked the increase rev limit of shark but still not really that great. maybe you had 14 hp but in reality the extent of my butt dyno was shifting at a latter point. Having the AA tune on my car trippled the pickup at around 3,500 rpm.. almost felt like changing your spark plugs after 100,000 miles of corrosion. And buddy if your going to spend 300 you might as well spend 200 more and get a custom tune for everything you have. Shark dosent even get close to that. And AA gives you a warranty which having the SB and shark, if i didnt feel a difference i would shot it right back to them and dropped AA to hell! but NO! im overall impressed with the top end pikup when racing in 2nd at high r.p.m.'s with the rev limiter removed and my bimmerbrakes headers actually sounded different with the AA tune.. i dont think AA secretely put a cat-back on my car when i was sleeping. but instead of there being intervals of bum da bum (sound of exhaust while idling) its a thick low thmmmmm( sorry best way i can describe it.) But i happen to be fortunate enough to try all 3 and if shark was really that good i would have reflashed my AA tune to stock and put on my shark. Hasent happened yet. IDK man honeslty besides the wait time for my brain ( which just go to your local approved shop) i have no issues with my tune..

F.Y.I - M.P.G. went from 19 to 22 hahaha not kidding and i even drive the car harder now that they reopened a canyon pass i go to every week with my buddys.

And double F.Y.I. i think the AA sticker is freakin sweet!
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote