View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 02:16 AM   #41
DSpencer18

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330ci (ZHP)
Send a message via AIM to DSpencer18 Send a message via Skype™ to DSpencer18
I am not really sure why I am adding to the fire, but its 2:32am and I have no classes tomorrow and nothing else to do. First off, I don't take sides with anyone. I don't own any of the products. But I have a friend that drove down to fl to intall; has the AA supercharger, AA SSK, meth injected, etc, and it's down every 3 weeks. (and is down currently...I am sure they know the guy) I don't think it's the driver..he has been to about 5 racing schools (skip barber, etc). I personally bought the dinan intake and sold it because I thought it was just a fancy air box top and didn't look like a $300 dollar investment. So there is my .02 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I'm going to go against my first impulse and try and explain this to you in a less harsh manner.

The Shark Injector doesn't cause the vanos rattle, cams do, and it's usually exclusive to ZHP and Shrick cams. I've yet to find one thread claiming a vanos rattle in conjunction with using Shark, so don't lie to push a product. It doesn't help the OP, and it doesn't help the community as a whole.

Further more, I gained 14whp DYNO PROVEN with a shark and intake, and have yet to find ANY dyno data (provided by shark or otherwise) proving the gains of AA software. Jim C. on the other hand, has made a database of dynos for every car and every injector he he sells, not to mention the most powerful N/A cars on this site use SHARK software.

And I'd be wary of AA's claims of tuning for your parts, how would they be able to measure the A/F ratio and airflow of one intake vs another, or header, or exhaust, or proper cam timing vs stock cams on your car without it being present? Just like Shark, AA uses a cookie cutter tune which may, or my not be better. But without data all we have if fanboy hearsay.

Finally, Shark is a flash module, you can do it in your garage in 20 minutes. AA requires you send them your email to flash it. No thanks.

And I don't put stickers on my car.
Bold, but factual statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
2.5 weeks turnaround is a joke. If you send your ECU directly to AA they'll have it out next business day s via 2nd day air.

I'm sure many shops like ours that are AA dealers have the ability to flash on the spot. We pull the tune, send it to AA, and it's back in the customers car within an hour or so.
Please dyno a car just getting the tune.

AA - I live in Tennessee..may take you up on the offer, if I head to FL anytime soon. The best way to get hp gains is FI.

In saying all this, I would think just adding a tune/flash to the car wouldn't give you too much extra hp. But, I would like to do it to my car in the future with my mods and AA is in the runnings for sure.

2005 BMW 330ci (ZHP)

• Has: - BSW d210 Subs/Amp - iSimple Ipod Integration - Smoked Side Markers - Smoked Reflectors - LED White Interior Lights - Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs - Hardwired Valentine V1 Radar Detector - AVT Ram Air Scoop - BMW Performance Intake - BMW Performance Short Shifter Kit -
    - Lambda Chi Alpha Zeta Phi 1067 and E46Fanatics.com stickers. -

• Last edited by DSpencer18; 10-29-2010 at 02:37 AM.
    DSpencer18 is offline   Reply With Quote