View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #59
edco

My Ride: 2004 325cic 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Patrick,

All I know is that for almost all the parts I've gotten from them, the final cost to me is always competitive; and coz I'm ocd, when I need a part, I want it as soon as I can get it.

Certainly for local fanatics, being able to get a discount and pick up parts the same day is nice. But for many of the parts I've gotten, I honestly don't care if I save $10 or not if I can get the right part every time...and I have.

I don't work for JMK...I just know and trust them...and really like my parts guy...who, for over 16 years, has special ordered a few hundred parts that cost under a dollar for me (along with all the other parts I've needed)...and for me, that itself is of inestimable value!

That's not to say you wouldn't do the same, Patrick; I'm sure you would. I just hope you understand that they 'got to me' first and I'm nothing if not loyal!

Doug
Doug
A minor counterpoint..
I have a good relationship with OpenRoad BMW in Edison, I can usually get a better than CCA discount (even though I am a BMWCCA member). However, unless it's a HEAVY part and the shipping becomes the killer, the 7% NJ tax can outweigh the benefit.

ED
PS. When you have a minute, can you send me a PM with Sal's number. I misplaced it and I need to schedule to bring my son's Chevy in for (I think) some brake and possibilty suspension work.. At your convenience of course...

Thanks
ed