View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 02:07 AM   #25
Jazz78

My Ride: BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaL View Post
Great job you guys. Looking forward to more features to come our way via firmware updates. Will enabling Steering Wheel control for the USB be in the next update? Just noticed the other day USB isnt SW controlled. Not a rant..not a biggie. it'd be a bonus if it is/will be.

SW control (vol up/down/mute, prev/next track) for the radio is great. Love it. Also noticed the radio-nav vol combo improved a bit. I hear and understand when Amy speaks now even at radio vol level 4. One downside is sometimes the radio signal drops on some stations. I'd just press the prev or next button to change station then back and I'd get the signal back. Not sure if the last firmware introduced a new bug or it was just random radio signal interference. All in all, Im enjoying the DVN. I find now Im more driving with my hands on the s.wheel controlling the DVN unlike before where I was continually reaching my hand out to the unit,,adjusting this, adjusting that.

If I were to put a $ pricetag on my DVN that way it is now, I'd say ~$1k
Hope she outlives the car.
SWC should work for all sources (Radio, USB, DVB-T and BT). At least it works for me.
When you are in Navi screen, then SWC works only for Radio. Unfortunately it is very complicated to make SWC work with all sources when in Navi screen.

About Navi sound level, you need to raise the sound level in two places (in main shell and in iGO). On my unit, if i raise them both, then the Navi voice is actually higher then Radio.
Jazz78 is offline   Reply With Quote