View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
TwoDuckDad

My Ride: 2001 330xi jet black
yes but found most of the input useless. "I have the "abc123" setup and love it" doesn't tell me squat. Too many people post useless info on forums. I need something similar to a stock set up or adjustable so I can select the best ride for me. Funny...after a bunch of threads and a few people commenting on a particular set up some will say "Well, it looks like the best set up would be the "xyz456"" just because a few people have made claims about "loving it". Interestingly, even the online vendors don't offer info comparing their suspension components or kits to stock or describe the best use for a particular set up.

Have I missed something? What is the best value (quality & price) that will offer me a similar ride to stock. I don't track the car and don't want a stiff ride. Sure, I appreciate the handling of the E46 in the curves but don't want to make the suspension stiffer than stock...nor do I want to pay a premium for OEM equip if aftermarket is available that better suites my needs.

Thanks for any input. Hope to do the same for you soon.