View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #19
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
TwoDuckDad-

I find everything you say on this forum completely useless. You know nothing about e46's or BMW for that matter. And you are now insulting people who have tried to help. Congratulations- you read some older posts that have nothing to do with a lame dude in his 50's who bought a 100k mile xi and wants to know how much a dealer charges for OEM shocks. Are you friggin kidding me? Dealer? OEM shocks? This is e46FANATICS. It's not called OldGuyAskDumbIrrelevantBMWQuestions.com.

Call the damn dealer yourself. And do me a favor- if you read any of my posts just ignore them. They weren't written to help a housewife type driver like you.
This.

Honestly twoduckdad, I've tried to help you too.

With shocks, I can tell you that Bilstien is stiffer than OEM. Most shops, especially dealers, don't like using customer supplied parts. If you find a shop willing to use a supplied shock from you, I'd suggest a brand called Sachs. They are the OEM supplier for BMW.

Personally, I chose to replace with Koni, they are an excellent alternative that does not significantly negatively affect ride quality, and they are much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoDuckDad View Post
I was looking at this set as an option and may ask my dealer if they'll install it. Alternatively I may ask a local indy shop with a good reputation. If they charged me 5 hours labor the total price would be reasonable for what I'd get. http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...vers/ES248323/
If ride quality is important to you, stay far away from any sort of coilover.

Part of what makes a good suspension and feeling of ride quality is the springs, if your not changing yours, get Sachs (OEM brand) or Koni (Way cheaper) and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgXi View Post
I have a Dinan stage 1 suspension. . .
Dinan setups are no longer available for the e46 xi...I've checked. Also, the shocks for Dinan were sourced from Koni.

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 11-01-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote