View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
Mannydog

My Ride: '02 330Xi 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
^^ Yeah the style 73's look nice, but they are definitely not the strongest BMW wheels out there. Plus they are only 7" inches wide, which limits your tire choices.

I'm still in my 20's, but if you want some good advice- skip the Michelin snow tires. Nokian Hakkapeliitas are the snows you want on an xi.
Coincidentally, I have a pair of Hakka 10s in my garage that are either in their late teens or their 20s (us old folks lose track of these things).

Got the car, love it. Despite the fact that Hakkas are great, I ordered 16" Sport Edition A7 wheels and Blizzak WS70s from Tire Rack. I live in the boonies and dont have good retail options near me. I needed a quick solution so I am not snowed in for work trips in the next couple of weeks, and didn't want to mess around with getting tires from one place, wheels from another etc.

Wish the car has more options and sport seats but its super tight, super clean, fast, and an amazing car. 28mpg on the 3 hour trip back from Spokane, and (as you can imagine) not always sticking to the 70 MPH speed limit.

My only complaint is that it tramlines, but I will see how we do with the snow tires and then worry about it in the spring when I get new summer tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	330Xi-small.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	382330  
Mannydog is offline   Reply With Quote