View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #35
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz78 View Post
Maybe you already had the latest firmware.
And not all had RDS problems with the original firmware, it seemed to depend on how much info was received by RDS.

If the update instructions are not good then i apologize, English is not my native language. I tried to do my best.
Jazz78,
No apology is necessary. Your mastery of english is far better than any second language of mine. I hope I did not offend you.

I think my software had the update already installed. I dont really notice any difference, except the splash screen, which I really like. As for the ipod interface, I didnt understand how to use it in the first place, with the short and long press. So, that was my error.

Below is a corrected version of your directions for the update. Only steps #4 and #8 are changed, because you must turn the unit on in step #4 and #8 or nothing will happen.

Again, thank you for your work.

---------------

Updating...
How to update in 10 steps:
1. Unrar the "Dynavin V5 (sunplus) firmware BMW logo 201010.rar" on your PC. You should find 2 files (zh_mcu.bin and zh8202t.bin) and this How_to_update.txt
2. Connect a USB memory stick to your PC, delete everything from USB memory stick and make sure it's formatted in FAT or FAT32.
3. Put the zh_mcu.bin file in root of USB memory stick.
4. Connect the USB memory stick to DVD-USB cable on your Dynavin and turn on the Dynavin.
5. Dynavin should turn on and update should start automatically, now just wait until the system turns off (should take about one minute).
6. Remove the USB memory stick and go back to your PC.
7. Delete the zh_mcu.bin file from USB memory stick and put zh8202t.bin on USB memory stick.
8. Dynavin should still be off. Connect the USB memory stick to DVD-USB cable on your Dynavin and turn it on again.
9. The Dynavin should turn on and update should start automatically, now just wait until the screen turns off (Dynavin won't turn off completely this time, just the display will go black, this should take also about one minute).
10. Turn Dynavin off by holding the power button for a few seconds, then remove the USB memory stick and you are done.

------------

If I were to suggest any changes to software it would be this:

-Selecting radio presets: If you select the "Up" arrow on the steering wheel it should make the radio preset go "Up" vertically in the list, not down. Going past the #1 or #6 preset should go to the next Band page and start off as #7 or #13, for FM.

-Standardize the background colors of the different functions. Mainly the ipod, since people that use it will be looking at that page a lot. One of the big selling points for me is the main screen BMW orange style and clean look. It would be great if the Ipod page looked the same. At least orange.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote