View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #62
uncompiled

My Ride: G37xS & 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC328i View Post
When I get to a destination and the nav screen is on, I turn off the car. When I turn the car back on, the blue Dynavin nav screen shows, then the white screen with the three options, then the custom screen until it's loaded. I thought when I first loaded Primo, it would go right to the custom load screen, skipping the first two. Was I dreaming or did I change something?
The Dynavin screen is for the unit booting up and is coded into the firmware. It will always show this screen when you turn on the head unit. Think of this as your computer's BIOS screen. It will always load, no matter what operating system you have installed.

The white screen with the three options is the Windows CE interface, so that's also part of the firmware. Think of this screen as your "Windows Desktop". If you go into settings, you can set the navigation program to automatically start when you hit the NAV button. In that respect, hitting the NAV button is like double clicking on an icon and starting iGO Primo. Sometimes you might not see this screen because iGO is started automatically and it'll already be at the iGO loading screen.

The custom loading screen is only for when iGO Primo is loading. It is purely software and has no relation to the firmware side of the headunit.
uncompiled is offline   Reply With Quote