View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
84matthewd

My Ride: 2004 325i
Sorry ZZen330. Now that I look at it, it sure is an ugly thread! In a few words, installing the Dynavin is an easy job for just about any DIY'er, and, in my opinion, cost effective versus the aftermarket options that just don't look have the look of belonging IMO. The asthetics are purely a matter of opinion, and I understand the AVIC's amd some other aftermarket NAV systems out perform the Dynavin, but the require quite a bit more modification (cutting, re-insulating, etc) and they are more expensive; roughly twice the cost!
As I said in my original post, you can find the unit itself for under $700, and the HVAC / Climate Control bracket for under $100 shipped. I got mine from pelican parts out of California, but there are plenty places to get the part.
As for the Dynavin itself, I'm quite pleased. There are a few quirks in the software that can make its operation / configuration a bit tricky, but it SPANKS the OEM retrofit option that runs around $2000. Not to mention, the INSANE ammount of labor involved in the retrofit harness installation.
I am by no means an expert, but I can probably answer any install or operational questions regarding the Dynavin install. Thanks to all who offered advice along the way-
Matt

Last edited by 84matthewd; 11-24-2010 at 12:09 AM.
84matthewd is offline   Reply With Quote