View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
delmarco

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum0486 View Post
Not to be a jerk but what was the point of posting the entirety of someone else's DIY into mine? And thats for the ULF module, not the TCU.
Hey buddy,
No offense I think I posted that to show there was also a ULF DIY write up as well on older cars.

Quote:
If your car is a 2001, it's not prewired for the bluetooth system... I'm not entirely sure what you would need to install it properly, but probably the OEM wiring harness. Perhaps someone who did a retrofit into a pre-2003 car can chime in.
It was also a response to you strongly advising that pre-2004 cars do not have prewiring for Bluetooth.

I still don't quite understand what is the difference between TCU and ULF? I undertand ULF and TCU must be different but honestly the DIYs look identical with the addition of the 2003 car needingthe mic and the DIYer opted to have a pairing button under the armrest.

Quote:
If your car is a 2001, it's not prewired for the bluetooth system... I'm not entirely sure what you would need to install it properly, but probably the OEM wiring harness. Perhaps someone who did a retrofit into a pre-2003 car can chime in.
What exactly is it pre-wired for then?

My 7/2001 car has exactly the same prewiring connectors under the armrest console and trunk lining
as your 2004 car and the ULF -DIYer's 2003 car.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 11-15-2010 at 05:23 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote