Thread: Blower Fan DIY
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #113
LivesNearCostco

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
Given that you posted this 5 months ago, I assume you figured it out, but when I recently took out my blower fan, I was also not able to remove the driver's side flap. I lifted up the latch and the bottom swung free but the top was still stuck somewhere. But it turns out you don't need to. If you remove the passenger side flap and the cover, then you can remove the whole blower out the right (passenger) side of the car and install the new one in the same place.

Unfortunately while the instructions in this DIY enabled me to get it out without breaking the cage wheels, I just sprayed some WD-40 in there and put the old one back. Squeaking was reduced for a few weeks then came back worse than before. I just ordered a new fan from Tischer/GetBMWParts.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
so my car is starting to have the cricket noise.
this is a great DIY, however i am having trouble removing the driver's side flap
(see pic)

I pull up on the bottom latch, but it seems to either be caught on top, or there is another latch to release it up top. I can't seem to figure it out.

any advice?

I have a 06 e46 M3-so not sure if the configuration is the same for other models.
LivesNearCostco is offline   Reply With Quote