View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #18
My Ride: S54 325i & LSB M3
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
Damn those setups are sick. It doesn't look like a scanner setup is that much of an investment, I think I will look into them more.

Where do you buy your Laird/Antenex antennas?

EDIT: Did some digging - looks like a lot of PA is switching over to PA-Starnet Opensky. Scanners can't pick up the OpenSky system, right?
They really don't cost that much. I just like being able to hear what's being said. I'm 99% sure the BCT-12 saved my as$ a few months ago. There were two state cops driving in the slow lane doing between 50-55 in a 55 zone. There was a Ford truck in front of me that passed the cops. Right away I hear Cop1: "Traffic Violation!" Cop2: "What?" Cop1: "The red Ford has a clear license plate cover" Cop2: "Don't worry about it." Listening to that, I decided to pull in behind them and not pass or I would have probably been pulled over for the 20% window tint that I had at the time.

You can get them through or You also have to get a drill hole mount, trunk lip mount, or a magnetic mount separate.

Good scanner antenna -

Here are the CB antennas -

Yes, some of Pa is switching to OpenSky. It's very expensive and they can't even communicate with other police agencies who don't have it. I think it's a bad idea. I'm pretty sure there was one county that went to OpenSky but got out of right away. I'll have to read up on it again.

Last edited by Levim9; 11-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote