View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
HaraldG

My Ride: BMW E46 318i
Lowering E46 sedan, how much?

Hi, I'm still a little confused as to why there are no threads on how much you should lower your car. Shouldn't this be the main concern when lowering?!

Anyway...

I have an E46 99 mod, with 19/235/40 tires and it rubs (in the back) when there are 3 og more people in the car. I don't know how much the car is lowered, the previous owner don't know either (fucchead). Therefore I have to get new springs for the car (the eu-control requires info on the springs also so I would have had to buy new springs anyway..). Since I don't know how much the car is lowered to begin with, I really dont know how much I should lower it. I'm not really into superlow and stiff cars, as long as the car doesn't look like a SUV, I'll be pretty much happy with it. I've got a feeling that the car is lowered 50/40 mm right now. So I've been thinking of going with 40/20 mm, cause I like it when it's a little taller in the back, looks more aggressive. but I need help with this... The car must not be unpractical in any way when driving it, but it must look aggressive and not like a SUV. Tips?

If you want, I can post a pic with 19" on it, so you can take a guess on how much it is lowered.
HaraldG is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.