View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
flyinj3x

My Ride: 03/03 330ci
Send a message via MSN to flyinj3x Send a message via Yahoo to flyinj3x
paraklas, i did not try resetting the cluster. i assumed the light was still on because of my installation, or because of one or two faulty sensors.

after reading and searching for hours last night, and finding nothing other than "Position 2" to reset the light, i decided to figure out if it was my install or one of the sensors. i took my old sensors and cut them about 2" from the elbow on the connection end. i then stripped the covering back another inch leaving 1" of wires exposed. removing 1/2" of insulation, i twisted the wires together and tucked them back inside the 1" of covering. i then covered the wires with heat-shrink and sealed it. now i have two OEM dongles that still seal the junction box, and have no extra wires to zip-tie under the car.

starting with the rear because it's the harder of the two to access with no jack or lift, i plugged in my new sensor i created. switched the key to position 2 and in about 30 seconds the light went out. i'm very glad it was only a bad sensor and not something i had inadvertently done during install.

thanks for your time guys, i appreciate your replies. i'll be in contact with the distributor later today.
flyinj3x is offline   Reply With Quote