View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #24
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I'm not trying to be pretentious. I don't even care about the badge, seriously. The only reason I have my car is because it ended up being $2,500 than the loaded Accord I was looking at. Honestly, IMO, one of the best looking and feeling cars is the new Hyundai Sonata...Living in Minnesota, so long as I only have one vehicle, it does need to be AWD.

My friend has a 2010 Jetta TDI with leather, etc. I don't like it; the seats are too small, uncomfortable and its the little things. For example, when you lock the e46 the lights fade, in the Jetta, it just shuts off...and the buttons, all the freakin buttons! Little touches make the difference and I honestly feel that my friends 2010 Jetta, although 9 years newer than my car, doesn't feel as nice as mine.

The other thing I really look at is cost. Say the xi you have is worth 10k, and you buy a new Golf and its 25k optioned the way you want. Is the Golf really worth the extra $15,000? Are you really getting $15,000 more car?

I'm not sure what I'll be getting when I replace my car, but a used Audi A6/S6 or a Lexus GS350 or a Infiniti M35x or a BMW 535xi/335xi are all contenders. All are big steps up from the XI in terms of luxury and all can be had for ~$20k.

One of my favorite cars I have ever owned was a 1989 Volvo 740 GL Turbo Wagon. A set of Blizzacks and I was happy. The car cost only $1,300.

I just feel as if VW's still feel a bit 'economy' to me. The e46 however, is starting to show its age.
Its funny you mention the buttons.... vw doesn't bother me with that because I don't expect it to be perfect on the inside, but audi kills me for that very same reason.. more buttons than a goddamn f-18 hornet

As for being 15k more... well ya you aren't getting THAT much more car but you are also getting something brand new

Let's not forget.... in all fairness, the r32 is still more than ten grand cheaper than a base model e90 wagon, both new. I'm sure loaded for loaded the 335 wagon can be double the price

At the end of the day, op if you like it, that's all that matters

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using BimmerApp