View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
ECS Tuning, you screwed up

I placed an order for some 5spd swap parts about a month ago and had a mostly positive experience. It took ECS 5 business days to ship everything out. No big deal since I had plenty of things to disassemble before I could even install those parts. Everything arrived nicely packaged and in good condition, with the exception of the covering plate that goes between the engine and transmission, which was bent. Again, no big deal, since it flattens out pretty easily.

I placed another order on 12/8 for some transmission parts, as I documented in this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=809427
ECS's site says those parts ship in 1-3 days. Awesome. Well, not really. 12/9, 12/10, and 12/13 go by and they still haven't shipped.

I call on 12/13, I'm told there's "no lapsed ETA" and the CSR is "pretty sure" the ETA on the parts is 12/14, and if they come in, "oh yeah, definitely" should have the parts by Thursday.
I try again on 12/15, nope, no parts yet. I have them bump shipping from 2-Day to next day at my expense so I can have the parts before the weekend and I'm told to check back then next day.
I call today, 12/16, and they still don't have the parts, which are still scheduled to arrive today, but they probably won't make it through inventory and ship out today. How about a shipping upgrade at their cost so I don't have to wait until Monday? Nope. I try to reason with the CSR, pointing out that each of those parts said "Ships in 1-3 days" on the site. Reponse? "I don't make the web site." Really, ECS? Can I talk to someone who can upgrade shipping? Nope, there's no one else who can do that. Split shipping? Ok, but I'm told to check back tomorrow to make sure they have the parts.

>.<

Just when I thought I had found a new favorite parts site. :(

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.