I determined what the problem was - a loose connection or poor electrical contact seemed to be the issue with my FSR. I cleaned the connection with a disposable cardboard nail file, and finished off with some electrical contact cleaner.
All is working perfectly now.
Patience is key, especially when removing, and installing the blower motor. Just needed to remove the plactic cover on top of the engine, all the trim as specified in this fantastic DIY, the two plactic housing halves on the blower, and carefully steer the blower fan out of its location without brute force.
Last edited by dcaron999; 12-19-2010 at 04:06 PM.