View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #988
tasi333

My Ride: 330Ci Convertible
Talking My Install

So first, I don't think it can be said enough, Jeff is AWESOME!

I've actually had it installed and have been using it for about a couple weeks now. I was waiting for my backup camera and an extra USB cable to complete the install.

As nice as the Dynavin is, it's still quite disappointing. It has so much potential, and could be so much better. Especially the bluetooth interface for the phone, it's by far the worst I've seen. The iPod interface isn't that usable, and doesn't keep the iPod charged unless you use it regularly. These are my main gripes, there are a few other little things but I'm sure they've been covered in this thread.

I think in the age of Apple and Android, I expect a much cleaner, better and more intuitive interface, especially since most of the factory installed OEM units these days are quite good.

Anyway, Here are the pics:

ci

I took this opportunity to hardwire an extra cigarette power adapter with USB charging built in into the glove box. And as you can see I wired the iPod interface into the glove box.

Thanks Jeff, and thanks to everyone on this forum, it made this install way easier than it could've been.

2002 330 Cic Topaz Blue
VMR 701; Front 19x8.5et35 225/35; Rear 19x9.5et45 245/30 | Spacers: 15mm front; 12mm rear | Megan Racing Coil Overs | Short shifter | eBay Strut Bar | Angel Eyes | LED Tails | Dynavin (Droid) | Vanos | DISA

*My Car Thread (Pics & Mod details):
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=873246
tasi333 is offline   Reply With Quote