View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #1003
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
"Unrealistic Expectations are Premeditated Resentments".....I heard this quote the other day and thought ! How many places in your life is this applicable!

The following is not aimed at anyone in particular (you recent guys who have posted, I promise this is not aimed at you, well mostly not aimed at you) but is just my thoughts, in aggregate, on expectations and the product I have found myself tied to....no offense is intended....

I hear all of the good and the bad about the dynavin from everybody so I should take this opportunity to address that and remind everybody that I pointed out almost all of the dynavins shortcomings 9 months ago when I started the Dynavin Info thread as a Dynavin customer. Then I updated it with the V5 thread, and then of course a few more shortcomings came out of the woodwork as different people with different priorities found things that didnt work the way they wanted them to. Maybe Im just patting myself on the back but I dont know if I have ever seen as comprehensive a write up on a product as the one at the top of this thread but yet I still get email every day from customers who are pointing out faults that I wrote about 9 months ago and are in writing in the first post of this thread...as if it is something new....

As mentioned in an earlier post, Apple and Android devices have shifted our expectations to a different level, but I frankly don't think its realistic to compare a product like the dynavin to an iphone or to expect that level of interactivity or refinement out of it. Apple rewrote the rulebook a few years ago with the iphone and companies with BILLION dollar budgets have just in the last 12 months finally caught up with the latest generation of android smartphones. These devices are spectacular and have really changed the way we live and the way we interact with technology, but they are on the bleeding edge of tech and have MASSIVE budgets behind them.

And honestly I think we take them for granted....

The dynavin is a car stereo. Comparing it to the stock head unit or OEM nav is fair, comparing it to aftermarket solutions from the likes of Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine etc... is fair (although those companies are also operating on budgets hundreds of times larger than Dynavin, but they are competing in the same market so the comparison is fair). Comparing it to your iPad or Droid X is not. Lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges because if we dont "Unrealistic Expectations are Premeditated Resentments"

I gave the original Dynavin a 6/10 rating and the V5 a 7/10. Its in writing, when I became a dealer I didnt go back and change it. It is what it is. I think that is pretty realistic and honest assessment.....

Im a marketing guy by education and profession, but im also a small business owner and a dedicated husband and father, im not some slick marketing executive....happy customers are what Im after, so honesty and realistic expectations are at the core of that...And I feel I have gone out of my way to manage expectations as much as humanly possible. But I can only provide the information.....it is up to the buyer to read it...

anyway I find this kind of stuff fascinating....buyer behavior and the psychology behind it....so I could go on and on about it but I might end up just talking to myself

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-18-2010 at 04:21 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote