View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #1008
harticus5

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
Anybody using the apple audio/video cable with their iPhone or iPod and the dynavin?

I have the cable that you can get from jeff and it works fine. At first I thought I was having problems with it so I bought the apple cable. I can't get the apple cable to charge my phone. It does if I hook it up to my computer but it doesn't with the dynavin. The DVD USB just recognizes the USB and switches to that source. The nav USB does the same but I get the pop up that charging is not supported by this device.

I don't recall the exact model number for the cable I have but Brutal said his apple cable charges fine with the dynavin.

Does anyone have info if theirs works?

My apple av cable does NOT charge my iphone4
iPod cable will charge my iphone4 and iPod but only when iPod is selected.

Gps USB will charge my iPhone in my glovebox and is still able to hold a good cell signal and Bluetooth to the dynavin perfectly all at the same time.
iPhone will charge regardless of dynavin mode.

DVD USB for music/updates will not charge my iphone4.(in mini console near coin holder)

I originally thought it would be better like this but I am planning on reversing the 2 cables so I dont have to put my phone in the glove box to charge.

I'm probly gonna reverse the 2 usb connections so I dont have to put my Iphone in the glovebox to charge, and then have a permenant usb in the glovebox for music. And then my aux connection is going to a sirius dock.
03 BMW M3 Coupe,Titan. Silver,Black Leather Interier,6 SPD,Prem Pkg,Cold Weather Pkg,Harman Kardon, Xenon Lights,Alum. Interier Trim,Alarm,Black Side grills,15% Tint,Dynavin v5 w/ rvserse camera,Clear Side markers,MS54,M3 emblem trunk mat/floor mats,Painted front reflectors,Driver KeyHole delete,Blue/White LED inter.LED exter/tail/turn,Allum.Pedals,M3 Illum. door sills"==///M3==",Painted Fog LGT Insrt,Sirius Sprt5 hardwired,Chrome license plate

Last edited by harticus5; 12-18-2010 at 01:25 PM.
harticus5 is offline   Reply With Quote