View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
SILVRRONIN

My Ride: 2003 325.xit
KUBICA way to put it! I go alot with Pelican parts..they have quality stuff!..and go with Powerflex bushings! I cant push them enufff, $60.00 for front $55 for rear. They are the best investment and will hold up sooooo much better. remember the dealer will tell you whatever they need to to get your $$$.... save the labor....$540? WTH? do it your self..its easy. My advice, if your going to replace on tie rod. and why would they tell you to replace just the boot?..if its bad then the whole rod is bad....Replace them both! $118 each on pelican parts. The only draxback to an Xi ,,I found out the challenging way..is the suspension and the control arms-CVaxles-ball joints. They wear out, they fade and they degrade over time. Spend the extra dollar to get a quality part that will surpass the BMW OEM ones. Its worth it, I went through it and still have to finish my suspension next month. Once thats done Iam in the total "green zone" with maintainance. And listen to the advice here!...these guys al lhave alot of time under the hood like me and have alot of genuine mechanical advice for the avaergae
SILVRRONIN is offline   Reply With Quote