View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #31
04yfz

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
ride is unreal when it actually works... but when it breaks... prepared to sell your kidney.
from reading mbforums and such, to get 1 air shock is like $5000-8000...
you can have half of las vegas hookers plus a bag of blow for that money!
A compressor is about $300, one air shock is $800. And usually the only problem is the compressor or the relay, a $50 part. It's not as bad as people who have no mechanical knowledge make it out to be. Big rigs have been using air shocks for a long time, if they didn't last they wouldn't be used, many of those trucks you see on the road have over 400-500k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Car had dealer tags. The guy was a private seller and the auto group he works with is headquartered there.

Thanks for the words and I've heard similar issues with engines here and there. Definitely have to maintain hoses and the sepentine belt.

As for the speed, it is slow as all hell. 0-60 in like 10 seconds and that was a 10% improvement over the 98s (the 99s have a BMW Bosch intake setup).

Regarding the brakes, I would buy drilled solely for looks... the question is are the drilled rotors on a suv so ghey that they no longer look cool

As for off roading, I"m trying to get this bad boy into tip top shape so I imagine I won't do anything other than snow driving.

And wrighterjr, I suppose to each their own. I've always thought these were super sexy trucks. Very macho with an extremely refined interior.

I would go with solid disks on a large SUV. Drilling rotors causes stress and can make them crack, plus a heavy truck will eat brake pads like crazy with drilled rotors.

Last edited by 04yfz; 01-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.
04yfz is offline   Reply With Quote