View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #75
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
If at the end of the day the standardized test scores, degrees, IQ number, and monetary net worth are the measure. Correct?.

The measure of people is supposed to be their ability to do things (that is success, is it not). Not what they believe or whether we like them, or their beliefs. If I am in sales and I can sell dbl everybody else and I am an atheist and the others are monotheists. Does it matter that I don't believe in god even though 92% of americans do? Does it matter if I have told my parents and elders to f**k off and have flushed the "values and beliefs" the parented in me down the toilet?

If one takes the antithesis of "superior chinese style mothers", one ends at a place of sociopathic view and action. Which is:
"F**k doing what everybody else says you should or are supposed to do. Decide for yourself. Make your own decisions. Make your own mistakes. Live with the consequences of your actions. Own who you are. Decide for yourself."

Does it matter how a person gets there?
If they get there through a sociopathic means that is that not just as valid as if they get there via "superior chinese style mothers"?

Do the ends, justify the means? If so, than the specifics of the means have no meaning.
Anti-social personality disorder is not a good thing that leads to positive outcomes. And "sociopathic" doesn't just mean "fvck what other people say".

Quote:
Characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder may include:
  • Apparent lack of remorse or empathy for others
  • Persistent lying or stealing
  • Cruelty to animals
  • Poor behavioral controls expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper
  • A history of childhood conduct disorder
  • Recurring difficulties with the law
  • Promiscuity
  • Tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others
  • Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
  • Inability to tolerate boredom
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Irresponsible work behavior
  • Disregard for safety
Other common characteristics of those with Antisocial Personality Disorder include superficial charm, shallowed emotions, a distorted sense of self, a constant search for new sensations (which can have bizarre consequences), a tendency to physically or verbally abuse peers or relatives, and manipulation of others without remorse or empathy for the victim. Egocentrism, megalomania, lack of responsibility, extroversion, excessive hedonism, high impulsivity, and the desire to experience sensations of control and power can also be present. This type of disorder does not relate to assaults of panic or to schizophrenia.
"Dexter" is not exactly an accurate or valid representation of what anti-social personality disorder is.

You're right to the extent that ruthlessness and focus can be extremely useful traits in business, but if monetary gain and business success are your only indicators of success, then I would say you have an empty life.