View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #33
Eddy@APEXraceparts
www.apexraceparts.com

My Ride: E30 M3, 540i/6
Send a message via AIM to Eddy@APEXraceparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snortdavis View Post
Eddy, I just ordered a set of 18x9.5 in anthracite as track wheels for my TiAg 2006 M3. I'll get pics when I test fit it up. Do you happen to know the minimum negative camber to run up front to run 275 star specs without rubbing the outer fender? Like I said, these are track only wheels, but may see a day or so of street use on either side of the event depending on how much time I have to swap out wheels.
It will depend on your other suspension modifications and ride height. I'm assuming you already have camber plates if you're asking about where to set the plates. Do remember that at the track a decent amount of camber is recommended. If you have adjustable plates, then have the car aligned for a street setting that works with your daily wheels, and a track setting. Mark both on the plate, and then you can easily go back and forth.

I put thousands of miles on to NT-01 r-compounds driving to and from the track with negative 3.5 degrees camber all around (e30 m3). I got even tire wear as the square setup allowed me to rotate tires. If you were to drive to/from an event with aggressive camber settings on your star-specs, it would not be a noticeable issue for tire wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
All around?!?@
Correct,

18x10 with 285 all around. The E46 M3 can do that. The E9X non-m cannot.
Eddy@APEXraceparts is offline   Reply With Quote