View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Update: The parts arrived on 12/24, far ahead of the late January ETA and I was able to return the car I was working on before leaving to visit family for the holidays.
I followed up with Jeff @ ECS today to find out what happened. Jeff was courteous, but he didn't have any specifics on why there had been a delay in the first place, nor did he know why the parts came in early. In any case, thanks to whomever made it happen. The parts were still delayed, but at least not by a ridiculous amount of time.

I asked Jeff how to prevent something like this in the future and he informed me that they go by the ETAs that are given to them by ECS's suppliers and as the fine print states, ETAs aren't guaranteed. His advice is that next time I place an order online I should call ahead to see if the parts are in stock. Not a great solution for items that aren't normally stocked, but apparently there's no good solution to this problem, at least for ECS.

That doesn't inspire much confidence in ECS's ability to deliver special order parts in a timely fashion, but as I've had reasonable experiences with stocked parts, I can't fault them completely. YMMV.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote