View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
chyuh

My Ride: 04 ZHP
Planning my suspension OVERhaul. Opinions?

I was looking under the hood today and noticed that the bolts on the strut tower were not completely perpendicular to the metal, close but not completely flat. Mushrooming?

This, and reading the other Koni FSD thread inspired me to plan my suspension overhaul. I might as well change everything while I'm banging away at the mushroom.

Here is everything I plan on changing. I am planning on doing this in the summer when I have more free time.

Mileage: 63,XXX

I like my current ride height. I have no plans to track the car in the next year or two, and if I do, it would be to have fun. I won't be worried about trying to trim 3 seconds off my lap time.

San Francisco has some crappy roads. That's probably how the mushrooms formed to begin with.

I only shopped around a handful of websites, so if you know any place that has something cheaper, please let me know!

I plan to buy the parts over the next coming months, just so it won't put a huge dent in my checking account at once.

Any opinions or recommendations? I still have to buy some tools too. Unless someone in the Bay Area wouldn't mind lending me tools, or some knowledge, or even a helping hand!

Updates: I will probably go for these now

$345 for Meyle HD CA and FCAB with brackets!

$35.28 for the steering coupler!

$510 for Meyle HD CAs, FCABS w/brackets, front tie rods, front sway links!

Last edited by chyuh; 02-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.
chyuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.