View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason S. View Post
I don't want to get into trouble with the Admins. This is just a thread to show what I have done so far. ProEFI is developing an Engine controller kit, not a turbo kit, so I don't think it is really comparable.
Keep the focus on your car and you'll do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason S. View Post
Yes! Siebels

The stock computer remains in the vehicle to keep the rest of the controllers happy. We are in complete control of the ignition/fuel rev limiting, that isn't to say that the stock ecu can't shut the throttle (we haven't seen this yet, but we haven't pushed our test car past 8200rpm's as of yet). We can take control of the ETC if we choose to, but on the SMG, it gets much more involved very quickly. So for now, we haven't found any reason to remove the stock computers control of the ETC. We are looking at writing strategy to take complet control over the SMG trans. I'm not completely happy with how they do their shift strategy, and I think it can be improved upon. This is a long process to get it right, so I can't give a time frame on it. If you have a 6spd car and have found good reason to take over the Throttle, it definately can be done, we do it on the Nissan's and the corvettes.
I've downloaded the GUI, and right away dug into the transmission screens. Wow! This stuff is really nice. You might be familiar with dedicated gear shift control boxes from Pectel and Motec...but none of them delve into automatic transmission control, just sequentials with air shifting or electric shifting. Very intriguing.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote