View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by visions1 View Post
Yes, the manipulation dot is on, as it should be. So from what you wrote, I need a instrument cluster from a 330ci up to 09/2002, w/ same automatic transmission. What about matching the instrument cluster part number exactly? My original cluster part number is (6211-911391).

Using 'http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=PH00265' the used cluster I have with part number (6211-6931276) should also be a match. Or maybe that is only if it's UNCODED?

I just want to avoid having to buy a brand new cluster and repair fees.
If you were to find a cluster from a 330 up to 9/2002, you would probably have a working DSC. OTOH, the 12/2002 cluster you have now could possibly be reprogrammed. I'm saying "possibly" because I'm not sure if Progman would complain about the VIN and mileage not matching and refuse to code it.
If you get an uncoded cluster, you will be able to get rid of the tamper dot, but it will have to be programmed once it is installed in the car. Any indy with an Autologic or GT1 can do that.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote