View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
Oqey

My Ride: BMW e46 330i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemining View Post
Are you sure? I was reading codes from my gearbox, air bags etc. via obd2 on my VW. I just needed VAG-COM not just any odb2 scanner. Here in NZ they want arm and leg for checking codes. Last time I checked it was just over $100 for a quick scan, plus they use cheapo chinese scanners that sometimes even can't connect, which for mechanic is "no erros found" still $100 to pay. It was the main reason why I bough vag-com for my vw. Is there anything similar for bmw?

I never heard of bands (i just did some research on wiki on them), sounds like if they are slipping or are broken etc etc. it would require whole gearbox to be removed and which sounds like $$$$$$$$. Probably more than the car is worth based on current kiwi attitude to European cars of "oh he drives euro... thats an extra 200% to the price".
Yeah am sure had bands slipping on my 330i gradually until I lost drive totally. I had to replace the gb. U can take it back to the dealer and see if they can help with the cost, or u can try the breaker yards for a used gb.
Oqey is offline   Reply With Quote