E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New Carbon Wrapping Project: Mercedes C63 AMG

16K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  Nachos23 @ carbon-effects.com 
#1 ·
Hey;

Was just given the complete trim interior trim from a buddies C63 AMG. Wants it done in black carbon fiber cloth (no 3M DiNoc here).

So far, have applied carbon fiber cloth and first coat of resin. Parts in pictures below are at VERY early stage and still require trimming and alot of work before they are complete, but they're in process.

The one really cool thing I've tried and it's worked so far, is wrapping the 3 centre dash pieces (center air vents, radio surround, etc) is wrapping all 3 pieces using a single piece of cloth, so when they are complete, there will be one continuous weave through all 3 pieces.... :D

Here are the first pictures (alomg with a couple of the interior before the process began.

Centre console wrapped as one piece.

Separated (still need to cut-out all the holes for the dials, etc):

Cup Holder:

Ashtray:

Shifter Surround + heater controls:

Door Trim:

Seat controls:

Still need to tackle the gauge surround (big black piece around speedo, tach, etc gauges) and he's pushing to get Steptronic paddles done too, but concerned about operational interference and functionality if its wrapped.

The pictures REALLY don't do the parts justice as they look really rough now, But I expect them to look real sweet when done (especially the centre control centre)

See less See more
#31 ·
actually YES!! :excited: Took like a hour to tape up that ashtray cover :banghead: and all the nooks.... Since you want the non-CF'd areas to remain factory and unpainted, I had to tape all those areas first.

So, at this moment they're painted and have cf cloth on them (base coat). curing now. Another coat tomorrow night and then trim....

Going to look really nice...

I've wrapped 3 sets this weekend including yours and prepped 2 more:

- 2004 Z4 interior (3 pieces). Painting tonight. Going 1x1 PW CF cloth for him. Really looking forward to this set as it will be my first "Z"...... :clap: May start a thread for this wrap.... Going to be particularly beautiful as these are big sweeping pieces.

- 2004 e46 vert (8 interior pieces)

AND NEXT

- 2004 e46 M3 Interior and engine pieces to start mid-week.

THEN

- Honda CBR 600 complete farings (1x1 PW CF)

That should keep me busy to end of week!!! Plus, need to work in a couple of days to clear coat and buff/polish parts shipping this week.

#36 ·
hey buddy!!

Seat backs, my seat surrounds + seat rails (the small piece covering the actual rail) are all still sitting waiting for time to wrap. Very soon though as show season starts shortly and I need to attend them this yr as I've developed quite a "following" up here and they look forward to see what I've done since the last show.

Got the valve cover and fuel rail covers being wet sanded in next couple of days so I can clear coat and get back onto car!

Business DEFINITELY booming. Have a fulltime person now doing resin and sanding during the day in order to allow me to focus on the wrapping, trimming and spraying and they do all the steps in between. Definitely has helped to speed things up without comprimising quality. In fact, since I'm being rished now, I actually think the workmanship is improving (as is evident by pictures)

#38 ·
just carry alot of paper towls.... LOL.... gald you/they like it!!

#40 ·
What you thinking. If it's stuff I get regular call for, I may have it already!!

#42 ·
PM sent

#44 · (Edited)
Here are my prices for common e46 parts (includes core exchange or wrap of client's stock parts):

"BMW" Valve cover $150
M3 Valve cover $180
Fuel Rail cover $140
Stock BMW intake $90
Stock M3 Intake $120
Stock BMW ECU cover $110
Cabin Air filter cover $150
Shift surround plate $ 80
Interior trim set $440 (8 piece set; coupe, sedan or vert)
Centre Console $180
Seat Surrounds $340 for the pair.
Outside Mirror Shell $180 for the pair.

Lots of other parts I do wrap; so let me know what you're interested in and we can discuss.....

I'm just doing my first set of door panels.... aven't worked out what I'm going to charge yet; I will total up the numbers after completed and work out pricing, but here are some teaser pictures:

The following 3 pictures are showing completed panels, just require re-assembly today; whereas the rear deck shown in the 4th picture is being final sanding and clear coated today.....

#46 ·
Brand new? I'd go for it.... Best I've seen for molded CF is around $750 for an 8-piece set and $550 for overlays. This is not a vinyl wrap; it's real CF...... I'm swamped with guys that believe otherwise, or have bought cheaper stuff and end-up returning them to purchase my parts.... I wrap for several BMW dealerships up here; and most of the prominent (top 3 finishers; multiple classes) show cars in the region have several pieces of mine in their cars.....and they pay alot more than members prices on this board......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.