Thread: Beers of Note
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #970
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
OK JJ, here comes your skooling:

Decided to try something different from your favorite Heffe maker, so I got this:

same $3.49 as the regular Heffe, but 7.7% alc! Best way possible for me to describe this is like a double-heffeweiss. Flavor is very much like a heffe, only stronger because of the alcohol. Yummy, gotta try this if you can find it!

Also picked up a bottle of something I cannot remember the name of, but it was on sale and looks FRESH. Will have to post a pic when I can remember what it was!

Oh yeah, I also just had a 12 pack of this over the weekend, pretty smooth, and I would 100% agree this this is a session beer. Love the red stripe size bottles, and it just goes down so easy and smooth, but is very flavorful, not like your american crap ass lagers (aka bud, etc).

wow i have never seen that wiehenstephaner before... i'll be keeping an eye out for it tonight. funny you found that, i've actually been drinking a lot more stronger beers so there have been times that i skipped this beer because it is only what... 5.3? 7.7 is right up my alley, thanks bud nom nom nom nom