View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
HELP: Driver door audio dead

I have no audio coming out of my driver's door. I left it one afternoon for a couple hours at the body shop to align my door driver's door and I get the car back w no audio out of it and I can't figure out why. All they did was loosen the hinges and work with it like that. To my knowledge they didn't touch anything beyond that. I only mention this because everything was fine since I got the car back months ago and even that same morning on the way to the shop I had no problems with audio, never any hint that something was wrong.

Here's what I've done as far as trouble shooting goes:

-Swapped door cards to see if speakers worked. Plugged driver's door card into passenger side and it worked fine. Plugged Passenger door card into driver's side = no sound.

-Plugged a functioning amp from another vert into mine with the same result. Still nothing out of my door.

-Unplugged rubber sleeve in door jam and checked that connection into the door, everything was normal there - no corrosion or loose connection.

My next guess would be radio unit itself? The local indy shop will plug my car into their diagnostics next week at some point but its been on the back of my mind as to what it could be.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.