View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
acpstunts

My Ride: E46 330ci / E53 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
I've done 3 events so far. Being an HPDE kind of guy it wasn't a huge transition, but it was definitely different. I don't know what type of layout your event will have, but it's going to be hard not to fail with an open diff unless it's very low speed stuff. I'm using a welded 3.46 and it's been working very well so far.

What suspension setup are you running? Lower and stiffer is better, especially for that open diff. Since you can't power over or clutch kick it to initiate the slide, you're going to have to carry a lot of speed on entry and you'll have to flick it to get the rear end out with momentum. If you have absolutely no drift experience I'd suggest you start slow and get used to how the car feels sideways for extended periods of time.
So over the past weeks Ive been doing my research. I spoke too Ray at Kaaz LSD's and will be ordering a 1.5way kaaz along with a 3.46 diff.

As far as my suspension setup goes now Im running BC coils/camber plates (8kg/10kg), all new front control arms w/ melye bushing, Velocity rear adjustable control arms. Im ordering hotchks Sways this week as well

Now do you currently have your subframe reinforced? Im a little worried about that and considering getting the turner reinforcement kit.