04-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Join Date: Aug 2006
My Ride: '99 328i 300K miles
You have to do the lower intake boot...probably was the first and only thing you really needed to do.
Originally Posted by slowguy
Ok, so here's what I am understanding needs to be done.
1. I need to remove and inspect/clean or replace my DISA and ICV and possibly the hoses associated with that.
2. Replace the CCV and any hoses associated with that.
3. I just did a quick inspection this morning, and did see a crack in elbow closest to the intake manifold coming from the MAF - replace.
4. I'm going to get a smoke test done after the aforementioned repairs to check for any possible vacuum leaks.
5. If needed, then I will replace the MAF with the Hyundai seimens equivalent.
Sound about right?
While you're there, might as well clean icv, tb, disa but read lots of diys...there are a number of details that need to be attended to.
Start with this $15 part, maybe save yourself the trouble of all the other work and just do this. If it works, then take your time studying up for the 'cleaning' trip.
Upcoming comedy shows: March 3 at Broadway Comedy Club, NYC, 8 p.m. March 5, Tierney's Tavern, Montclair, NJ, 7:30 p.m. See Facebook for other shows and PM me if you can make one...love to see you there!
Mangofy your E46!