View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #3470
mpower_m3

My Ride: 335i M Sport
Send a message via MSN to mpower_m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
whoah! good observation. i didn't know the bootline (boot handle) appears different in different models. having said that, i've seen 2004+ models that don't have the extended boot handle as seen in that imola red m3? was this an option or something? i checked mine and mine looks like the imole red version, tho i've seen other MY04.5 models and their bootlines seem to be mixed.
What's the build date on your car? Is it the facelift model? Facelift model started from 04 month of 2003 as i recall, i might be wrong but it's around the mid 2003 mark and those have been made after that date all have the long boot line, expressing that the car is indeed a facelift m3. If the car is below a 2003 model and has the long bootline, it's either because it's been replaced and switched for the facelift version, which imo looks better or due to collision, where a new bootlid was taken off and replaced with a facelift model bootlid with the long bootline which fits exactly as oem.

In terms of seeing 04.5 m3's with mixed bootlids, if it's original and has never been damaged or changed, it has to be the longer looking bootline. If the car is a 2004.5 model m3 for example and has a short bootline, most likely the bootlid was damaged and the repairshop accidently ordered the pre-facelift bootlid which is incorrect.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
05' TRD Aurion SL3500 - SOLD
mpower_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote