View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
infinite012

My Ride: White '08 STI
FS (VA): Prefacelift Depo p46 with Lexus RX330 retrofit

I'm putting this up now so I can stop procrastinating on studying for an exam. Also, this should motivate me to finish the headlights sooner rather than later.
  • Depo p46 headlights for a prefacelift e46 coupe
    • I believe they will fit sedan, coupe, touring as well as all M3, however it is up to you to figure this out.
    • These headlights use push-in corners.
    • I tried to polish the lenses, but you may want to invest in new ones anyways. Driver side lens has a green tint to it that I can't get rid of (was like that when I picked up the headlights), the passenger side is clear. No idea why.
    • Comes with 6000K CCFL rings pre-installed. However, you will need to buy inverters for them as the ones I got don't work well.
    • The headlights have a black bezel. You paint it to whatever color you want. I don't want to.
    • They have all the quirks of original Depo p46 headlights, but with much better light output.
  • The important part: These headlights have been modified with clear-lens-swapped-and-color-modded Lexus RX330 single xenon HID projectors. The entire process is documented here.
    • These headlights will accept OEM D2S bulbs for the low beam projector and H7 bulbs for the high beams. There is no DRL as far as I can tell.
    • I do recommend you purchase a pair of OEM ballasts (Bosch, Matsu$hita, Denso, Koito, etc.) or Morimoto 3five ballasts from TRS. I can supply 2 Denso/Koito OEM ballasts from a Lexus RX330 for $150.
    • I will not be supplying D2S bulbs. I'm sure you can find a good deal over at TRS on new Philips or Osram bulbs.
    • The custom shrouds with LEDs are installed, but I clipped the power and ground leads so they are non-functional.

Pictures of the not-yet-complete product on left, unmodified Depo p46 on right:

And an animated picture showing the output of the low beams, then high beams:

There have been adjustments made since these pictures. I am constantly updating the other thread.

Reason for selling: I have a facelift sedan. This was just a side project to keep me from studying for a huge exam.
Local pickup in Richmond, VA is encouraged.
Asking price: $375, negotiable; add-ons obviously will increase cost. Don't like the price? PM me.

Last edited by infinite012; 05-08-2011 at 11:16 AM.
infinite012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.