View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 01:03 PM   #120
BFP, Inc.
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S/C E39 540i
Dear GB participants (and post followers),

I am long overdue for a post with updates, and instead of making excuses, I will just apologize for the delay.

When we initially organized the GB and set the windows for the GB, three things happened. First, I was looking at a 2003 calendar, which really threw me off (dee-ter). Second, I didn’t know that the carbon fiber shop would be closing down for Christmas and New Years. Third, we hadn’t initially planned on GruppeM weave strut bars, so material had to be ordered (the shop had some military grade material that is meant to be painted over, but a test was done and this fabric was found to turn yellow in heat/UV. As a result, new GruppeM weave style fabric “plain weave” had to be ordered that would not turn yellow).

Because of these factors, the Group Buy ship dates have been pushed back a couple (to a few) weeks. I sincerely apologize for this.

Strut bars are currently being made, and will go out in two batches. The first half of paid customers will go out the soonest; which I expect to be two to three weeks. The second batch will go out the following week.

M3 customers; the bases are being re-engineered such that the bar fits in front of the tube in the middle of the engine. Making the bases taller imprinted the sound deadening material underneath the hood, so we are going to re-engineer the bases for perfect fitment. This shouldn’t delay the M3 bars at all, as the design has been more or less agreed upon.

The good news is that this bar will be featured in the April issue of Euro Tuner. The first production runs will have only one type of base, and will be in plain weave (not GruppeM). So not only will you guys have the first and only Carbon Fiber strut bars for the E46, those of you with the GruppeM weave and the dark or nickel plated bases have very individual (custom) strut bars.

My next project for today is to organize that GB email list to update people. I will also be changing the GB deposit to a GB final payment page on our website.

Thank you for being so patient with this GB. It has had a few unexpected bumps in the road, and we are essentially juggling both the manufacturing and sales balls.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, you can reach me at quatrobar@benferperformance.com

Regards,

Dan
www.benferperformance.com
BFP, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote