View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #67
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Turner Motorsport also has Custom M54 Headers with cats located in them.
Yeah, there are a number of places that offer aftermarket replacement cats for the M54. I've seen them listed under a number of different brand names (DEC, Davico, Benchmark, etc) but they all look exactly the same (and seem to use the same pictures) as those on the TMS web site.

For me, with shipping to TX, I paid $30 more for the MagnaFlow than I would have for the units from TMS although you can find the same cats elsewhere for a little cheaper (and with free shipping). Don't know whether there is any performance difference between the MagnaFlow and "the others" or even compared to stock but I do feel better buying a MagnaFlow product than a brand I've never heard of. Without flow testing (ie, what I'm about to say is worthless) I will say that the MagnaFlow design at least looks to have a better 3-1 collector design than "the others".

That said, if you're just looking for the cheapest replacement cats you can find one of "the others" would definitely be the most cost effective route (especially if you shop around).
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump

Last edited by TxZHP04; 04-13-2011 at 01:04 PM.
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote