View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 12:57 AM   #222
BernoccoZHP

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdbui View Post
great write up! Thank you!

Used some dish soap/water to lube it a bit, but just used my hands to wiggle the Meyle HD bushing on (which came in carriers and had new bolts). I tried hammering it with a mallet but it wasn't too effective.
This post really helped me a great deal. Thank you for your post and ditto on the OP for the original DIY write up.

I also tried tapping then pounding the Meyle onto the arm to no avail. Then I read this post and thought "can't be true" but gotta' try. Only difference is that I used wheel bearing grease (kind of like duct tap to me) and pushed it right on with a little wiggle. Wow what a difference.

I bought my car as a CPO lease return with 43K in 2007 and they had just done the LCAB so did not know the symptoms. However, now at 88K I was beginning to figure that the wandering, following ruts and brake twitch (not to mention "rolling over" a racing term) was probably these bushings. I traded my 5 series in on this car so I had some experience with the failure rate of BMW LCAB in general.

So at 88K my ball joints are fine (tested OK) and I am back to that first day CPO feel again - swaa-weeeet!

Thanks again everyone for the great tips!
eric

.... you can't put a price on FUN!
BernoccoZHP is offline   Reply With Quote