View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #78
ewcmr2

My Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumCranium
Unfortunately there is a world of difference between pre-2001/09 build date cars and post 2001/09. The previous DIY's for programming were pre 2001/09 which meant they had direct access to the SA number, which the rest of the modules see as a change so they will reprogram accordingly. Post 2001/09 cars have a VO and you can't directly change the VO from what I've found, which makes all of this a little more challenging because the rest of the modules don't think a thing has changed without the VO changing.
Hopefully you will figure this out (so I don't have to) since I just swapped a 5-speed into my '04.

Your wiring made perfect sense until I started doing the swap and found my donor car had two clutch pedal switches. Both 3-pin. 0 4-pin switches...
On your 4-pin switch does pin-2 get energized when the pedal is slightly depressed and pin-4 when pedal is completely depressed? Pin-2 to ECU disengages cruise control and pin-4 to EWS allows car to start?

Added info for those to follow:
While looking for the pins/connectors to plug wires into the EWS and ECU I found that BMW used the same parts on many connectors on the car. The ones I used were from the E36 rear reading lights!
ewcmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote