View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #107
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
Would you take the TangoDown mags over the Pmags? I run Hk 416 mags and was wondering how TangoDown would hold up to dropping and abuse. I suspect really well.
In terms of sheer external abuse, I think the ARC mags would be able to take more. They're basically "over-engineered". If you run a single mag pouch/shingle, it's not that big of an issue as long as the mags fit. However, I suspect that they'll be a tight fit in my single mag shingles that I have coming for my chest rig. I don't like how they feed from the reverse side of the mag as a USGI or other aftermarket mag. However, the ribbing on the lower half of the mag gives you a lot of grip and control, so in a wet environment or when wearing heavy gloves, it's a very easy mag to hang onto and manipulate.

If I had to pick one for combat, the PMag is just easier to carry and use. I like the ability to use the ranger floor plate for better gripping out of the pouch, how slim they are, and the fact that they have been 100% reliable for me. I carry a black 20rd PMag on my duty belt at work with no concerns.
For me, it all comes down to actual size of the mag, as well as the weight. They are significantly lighter than the ARCs.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote