View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #75
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Murphy View Post
Under 5k.

I should get the header cats back tomorrow from the ceramic coating.
Because it was posted earlier here, I ground down the the slight metal lip projecting out of the flange and beat down the tubing lips that might get into the exhaust flow - no biggie.
Next will be the install - anybody know IF it REALLY is a direct fit or should I expect some customizing?

Jim
I'm still waiting to get mine back from having them coated (Swain Tech). They charged my card late last week so hopefully they will arrive in the next few days. Sounds like you got a quick turnaround on the coating, who did you have coat yours?

I think you and I are the only ones with a set of these and neither of us has attempted install yet. They should be direct fit but that remains to be proven. Hopefully the fit of these is more exact than that of their cat back exhaust (which required a minor tweak of one of the hangars IIRC)....

Sounds like you may have yours installed before I do at this point.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump

Last edited by TxZHP04; 04-26-2011 at 04:13 PM.
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote