View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #50
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_0068 View Post
Hello Guys

I'm been a lurker here for a while as i am a (gasp!) Audi A3 owner and recently purchased a Dynavin for my car and am anxiously looking forward to an android version (eventually). However i wouldn't mind helping with this for the android testers.

I have a question and also i have some information:

1) Android is software, not hardware...so i don't know why there isn't a way to get android on the Win CE units. Now if the hardware itself isn't compatible with Android that's a different story but even then i don't know how it wouldn't be. Can you elaborate on this?

Jeff did you see if the device gives you root access? I'm doubting it though
I emailed Dynavin to inquire about root access/source code/etc. No reply yet.
I don't know much about the WinCE hardware, but I figured someone would have tried it by now if it was easy.

Also, no adhoc support really isn't that big of an issue. IOS 4 has infrastructure mode tether support I believe, and any rooted Android phone has infrastructure mode tether support.

Jeff - If it does have root access (probably doesn't), it will likely have a Superuser app in the apps menu.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

Last edited by jneumann; 04-28-2011 at 10:10 PM.
jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote