View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #64
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5rider View Post
Ok can you tell me if there is REALLY a reason to get CP or Wiseco pistons? I've been reading and people just go back and forth. Does it matter?
I think everyone has been giving you blind advice. I know of very few people that could tell you the difference between the 2 from a technical standpoint, and they are paid to keep that to themselves. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people...

For what it's worth, I'd be more inclined to work with a vendor that has great service. Whatever that vendor carried, that's what I'd go with.

For me, Racers Edge was great to work with for the custom pistons I had done for the race car. But...it would take some time to get the pistons they sell from Germany for your application.

TMS (Turner Motorsport) has always been great for engine internals for me. If you are on a tight timeline, I would call TMS.

I would be inclined to source all of the engine internals from one vendor as well. The more I've spread things out, the more I've had to become technically involved and coordinate what fits with what. Better to leave that to the guys you are paying for their advice by buying their products.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote