View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #91
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
OK, just had a talk with "Dave" a tech at Magnaflow, he said that PN #49760 would be a direct fit for anyone using the Magnaflow catback PN #16533.
He informed me that he needed to talk with his engineers about it actually working for are needs. His two concerns were, 1) Are the to new cats in the #49760 to far down stream to be effective? 2) Is the concentration of precious metals the same or as high as they are in the "header cats" that Magnaflow makes.

http://www.truckpartshub.com/product...-fit-converter
Depends on what you mean by effective. If we're talking about not getting CELs, then based on the overwhelming lack of success of people attempting to run cats anywhere downstream of the stock location, I'm going to go out on a limb and declare the answer to (1) to be a big fat no.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote