View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
BimmerIII

My Ride: 2002 330Ci 6-speed
330Ci Build Thread

Hey guys! So I decided its time to do a build thread for my 330Ci. For those that don't know I have a 2002 BMW 330Ci that I am slowly turning into a dedicated track car to race in NASA and BMWCCA with my dad. Over the winter break I have had some more time to finally get a lot of work done to the car including my long awaited transmission swap no more auto-tragic! Well here goes the annoying long list of photos and updates to the car.

Here is how the car looked when I bought it (sitting way too high, ugly chrome accents, and annoying orange reflectors)

First track day! Moved to blue run group after my first run out in green! For those that don't know the run groups are (from bottom to top) Green, Blue, Blue solo, Yellow, White, and Red (instructor). My Dad is actually an instructor with the Porsche Club and that's how I got started in this whole thing.

Then I got Bilstein sport shocks, H&R race springs, rear muffler delete, LED angel eyes, painted the chrome and silver trim flat black, smoked LED eagle eye tail lights, smoked corner lights, smoked side markers, paint matched bumper reflectors, upgraded ignition coil packs, one step hotter NGK spark plugs, K&N 57series intake, custom air inlet pipe in fog light opening, rebuilt the VANOS, painted the interior trim silver, and gutted the back half of the interior. (this was spread out over a year)

Now for the stuff I did over the break and a few that I did this past semester. I am just going to list the mods for this part:
-Turner Motorsport aluminum monoball rear shock mounts
-6 speed transmission swap
-UUC light weight aluminum flywheel
-UUC performance organic clutch
-UUC heavy duty pressure plate
-UUC big boy clutch stop
-UUC EVO3 short shift kit
-UUC DSSR (double shear selector rod)
-Jafster derlin racing shift knob
-UUC stainless steal braided clutch line
-UUC ss braided brake lines
-UUC urethane racing engine mounts
-UUC urethane bolt-through transmission mounts
-UUC urethane rear trailing arm bushings
-VAC Motorsports solid aluminum rear subframe bushings
-Turner solid aluminum differential bushings
-BMW performance outer control arm bushings (upper and lower)
-Turner rear shock mount reinforcement plates
-Redline transmission fluid
-Redline differential fluid
-Turner sway bars (27mm front and 21mm rear)
-Ground Control adjustable aluminum sway bar end links (front and rear)

My Build Thread
2002 330Ci SOLD...
1992 325iC
BimmerIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.