View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #100
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
As I stated earlier, I would definitely stay away from the Android Dynavin right now. It is in it's infancy. If you're going Dynavin, check out the "v4" or "v5"

Bottom line that I've realized with the Dynavin is that it failed in one very blaring regard. They give you 200 different options and you end up using 3. This could be much cheaper/sleeker/refined if they just focused on exactly what people need, not what they think they want.

The other way of looking at it is that it gives you anything you want, but just not quite the way you want it. The UI is crap, but if you upgrade to primo 1.2 and stay on the nav screen, you won't notice it too much. You can install a reverse camera, but you need to buy and install it which is not the easiest thing. You can use your ipod, but the interface sucks. You can load songs/music/pictures onto a usb stick, but it takes forever to load and needs to be optimized for bitrate for the slow ass processor. You can hack the winCE partition, but petrut needs to sell you some stuff... which is the person who wrote a good chunk of the software in the first place. The list goes on.

If you want something that you can customize and work to your liking, get something like a Kenwood or Pioneer... but be ready for a LOT of customizing.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote